The happiest I have been in a long time!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wk 7 Day 6

So I am sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and So wishing I did not drink all that wine last night. I decided that this the perfect time to blog! 

I have a few new challenges/goals for my self.

Challenge # 1: Lose a total of 50lbs by my hubbys and I's 6 year anniversary, 9/18/10. Sept 18th is the 1st day of week 16. So I am needing to lose 50lbs in a total of 15 weeks. This ups my over all weekly average goal of 2.88 pounds to 3.34 pounds. I know this is a little harder goal, but I am pretty confident I can do this.

Challenge # 2: Walk a 5k in the next week. I made a deal with Crazy Runner that when he released his next pod cast I would walk a 5k. Well after making that deal he informed me that he will be releasing Episode 11 this weekend. So Since he is doing that I will hold up my end of the deal and walk a 5K as soon as I am able to down load episode 11. 

Challenge # 3: Run a 5k. Ok So Yes I am still trying to accomplish walking a 5k. I am pretty confident I can walk a 5k already and just haven't done it yet. So My goal is to run a 5k by the end of September. That is a little over 2 full months. I am also positive this is plenty of time to achieve this goal. I have to keep reminding myself that ANYONE can run if they try to. I need to stop thinking "I'm not a runner". I was sitting here thinking When I was young (elementary school/Middle school) I could run a mile like it was nothing. I remember I ran 1 mile in 7 min (There were some seconds on that also but I don't remember them). To say the least I don't know If I can run a mile in 15 min right now...LOL.But I will start working towards this goal though.

Challenge # 4: Actually start working out again. I have got in a horrible habit over the last week of not working out. So Back to the Y tonight for a last chance work out before my official weigh in tomorrow. Yes I have been weighing in everyday this week, partially cause I wanted to know when I hit my 20lb mark but also it some how has motivated me more. Everyday I have had a loss! Seeing that everyday, has made it where I don't want to mess up and eat junk.

Ok so there are a few of my challenges I have set for myself in hopes that i can achieve them soon, or by the date I have set. Do you have any challenges/goals you have set for yourself. Challenges and goals are what help me to keep going. If I have something to push forward to I find myself not wanting to fail. Failing is not an option for me. What goals do u have, I love hearing about other peoples new goal, it helps me keep pushing and also gives me ideas for new goals. Do any of you all run? What helps motivate you to run? Why did u all start to run? And if you don't run, Why don't u run? Is there a reason why you don't run? What do you do instead?

Ok, You all have a wonderful day :-)

3 comments:

  1. Well I've recently started jogging mainly because I wanted to see if I could and you know me I have never liked it but I've found if I make a new playlist every week it motivates me also I put it on shuffle then pick a song I want to try to jog until that song has played sometimes its the second song sometimes its the tenth song (I don't put more than ten songs on my playlists). Its worked so far! Also Sami is doing a 5 k program online called from couch to 5 k she says its really working! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,

    My #1 goal is definitely related to running. In fact, when I started my blog of I forced myself to build it around a goal that I thought would really focus me on exercising, eating healthy and really FORCE ME to challenge myself.

    My goal: to run 5 miles (comfortably and at whim!) by May 2011.

    That basically gave me one year to get my sh*t together. ;)

    Why running?
    - You don't need a lot of fancy equipment or special classes
    - You can do it anywhere, any time
    - It gets my heart pounding like no other exercise
    - There's just something sexy about being 'a runner', LOL

    What motivates me (apart from the weigh loss potential!)?
    - music, music, music (I've been meaning to do a music post and will get to it soon!)
    - seeing results
    - reminding myself that I may not feel like running today, but I ALWAYS feel glad I did afterwards!

    I've been meaning to create some mini-goals for myself. Some milestones to help me track towards my 5 mile goal. I've already walked a 5k on the treadmill. Perhaps I should aim to run 1 mile straight, then a 3k or 5k. Any ideas?

    Sorry for this crazy-long post. Please pop by any time. I'd love to be your virtual training buddy!

    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i created my mini goals based on what I want to do and where I currently am. Obviously things can't happen overnight, so In order to get to my main goal I decided to make my self "stepping stones" to get me there. I would agree with your thoughts of the 1 mile, 3 mile/5k and then the 5 mile. I think those are great goals. And maybe you can reward yourself with something when you accomplish them. It makes it all that much more fun.

    ReplyDelete