The happiest I have been in a long time!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 14

Day 14 the end of week 2! Wow I am so glad to have week 2 over with! I struggled more this week than I did the first week. I didn't necessarily struggle in eating healthy or working out. I struggled more mentally. I set myself up many times this week for failure how ever I did not let it get me! I did weigh in today and lost a total of 1.6lbs! I am happy that I did have a loss and not a gain but was very disapointed to see it only be 1.6lbs. I was expecting way more because It is only my 2nd week and I am on phentermine. Everyone I have talked to that has taken this pill has said they loss a lot of weight at the beginning and I don't seem to be doing that. I am eating healthy, however their are a few days I don't eat enough but their has yet to be a day I have over ate. I have worked out 10 days of the last 14, which I know I could have done more but there are some days that it is very hard to squeeze in a work out. I don't know what else to do to help me lose weight. And I know you all out there will say 1.6lbs is a great loss, and if this were week 10 I would agree with you. But for week 2 it seems very low. Any suggestions on what I can change to help boost it? Maybe I should just be happy that I am losing weight and not gaining and shut up...LOL But anyone who knows me knows I am not a very patient person. LOL When I want something I want it now, not in 40 weeks. But I also have learned to think more realistic, and my goal is 115lbs in 40 weeks which is an average of 2.88lbs a week. I am currently averaging 3.55 a week.  So in that since I am exceeding my goal. See If I rant long enough I will start to see the bright side of it. It is a matter of airing out all the frustration and getting over it and moving on. :-) Ok so tomorrow is a start of a new week for me. My goal for this next week is to make sure every meal is right at the 1200 calories I am to have and make sure I work out 6 days, if not 7. Yes Brian you heard me 6-7 days this week! You owe me and I am cashing in :-).

Ok to get to the food (it was a bad day)


Breakfast
Coffee and Creamer

Lunch
Chicken noodle soup
Green beans

Dinner
Mac n Cheese
   - Homemade but I made my separate from the families....I put a smaller amount of Cheese, no butter and no salt.

Total Calorie: Maybe....941


The Work out:

Well I was suppose to meet my brother at The YMCA today but do to some things he had to cancel (check his blog out Starting over). So I went by myself cause I knew I needed to get my work out in. I was able to walk 1.78 miles in 45min. The 45 min was a hard walk. I kept wanting to stop and give up. But a voice in my head kept saying you are not going to lose weight by giving up....stick to it! So I felt so good after the 45 min walk I jumped on the bike and did 3.2 miles in 15 min for an even 60 min work out. I did a total of 5 miles and burned 600 calories!  Like I said I am feeling real good about my work out today.

Ok everyone you have a great night!

9 comments:

  1. I know it can be disapponting to oly have a little loss when you have put in so much work. Its still on the right path though. I see so many achievements in your post. Exercising 10 days out of 14 is fantastic. You dont want to burn out and get sick of exercising or worse and injury so its good to give yourself some rest days and Awesome work on going to the gym and not letting your bro cancelling your meet up at the gym be an excuse not to go. When I did Weight Watchers, the weeks I under ate calories/points, were the weeks that I didnt have big losses. I think body kind of goes into starvation mode and holds onto fat if you aren't eating enough. Good luck this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, if you ever have the chance to watch Biggest Loser all of the contestants (usually) have a bad losing week during week two. Your body is adjusting. The first week a lot of the loss is water weight. You are doing great and you will see a great number this coming week!

    Some ideas to help you jump up your weight loss-
    get 8 hours of sleep per night.
    I know you drink lots of water, so you are great on that one.
    Eat something every two to three hours.
    Never skip breakfast. My weight watchers leader once told a story that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. She described our metabolism as being a fire. Think about breakfast being the starter of our metabolism, if you don't fuel a fire (in this case with food), your metabolism will turn off/slow down. You can't keep the fire going by fueling it every four-six hours.
    Every once in a while it's good to throw in a "cheat" day. I call this the day I don't over indulge, but the day that I don't count calories (points for me). It will fool your body and jump start your metabolism.
    Hope this helps you a little bit. Good luck next week you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you know you are doing great - SO FACE IT! :)

    You have lost over 7 pounds in 2 weeks!! Just think of it that way

    You are doing great! Just keep it up, and make sure to eat enough! ALSO, you might not have lost as much now, because your body could be getting a little muscle! And muscle weighs more then fat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job - you seem really committed! My only concern is that it doesn't look like getting enough calories or nutrients... maybe round your meals out with fruits and veggies...you can pick the ones with very little calories. I was always told if you eat under 1200, your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose as much. Wouldn't that stink after all your hard work? :)
    Great job with the gym stuff. I wish I had a gym buddy, like you and your brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I actually do normally eat around 1200 calories which is where th Dr told me to be at, but I have had a few bad days where I have forgotten breakfast and when i do that it tends to be hard to make it up through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen baby you had me scared. The way you have been talking I thought you gained everything back! Almost 2 pounds is GRRRRRREAT! I know what you mean about struggling I look at my sparks page for my calorie intake and there has been only 3 days in 2 weeks that I have met my 1200 calories the rest have been in the 600-900 range.

    But I am very proud of you girl you are doing wonderful I know you will succeed in your mission because I will not let you give up. Keep moving strong and just think them there pants are falling off you!!!

    Love you so much,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel ya about week two. In my journey to lose weight 18 months ago week two was the worse of all the weeks even the week grandpa died and I ate whatever I wanted and could get a hold of. When I got down mom told me to start each day writing a positive or a life goal besides weight each day and it starts the day in the right mind set. Its helped me and definitely her so its worth a try and remember I'm in your corner if you ever want to talk or vent. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen,
    Great job on your progress towards a healthier You!! I have been following your blog and I have a few suggestions on your food intake that may help. Increase the amount of fresh fruits and veggies in your daily diet, if you're eating breads and pastas try whole grains as these don't break down into sugars when metablolized, add some low fat dairy, and watch your fat grams as well as counting calories. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete