The happiest I have been in a long time!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week 4-- Day 1

So It dawned on me today I have no clue what day my 40 weeks is up on. And I kept thinking what is my end date? But then it dawned on me the 40 weeks is merely a goal not an end date. But I still wanted a date that way I can push my self towards something. I calculated my first day was June 5th 2010 and my end date will be March 12th 2011! It seems so far away but yet so close! March is a month I like to call MY month! My birthday is March 30th and because it is at the end of the month I feel it necessary to celebrate all month long! I am very excited to see that my end date is in March, It is almost like a birthday present to my self! The only thing I was thinking of was I have the holidays right in the middle of this..LOL. But hopefully by the time that happens I will already have developed good habits and will not let the excuse of "its a holiday" ruin my focus!


On that note I wanted to know how long on average it takes to develop a habit and to break a habit. After doing some research I have concluded there is no set time (which I kind of already knew that) But it is up to the person and their mind set. I believe I have already started to create some habits in my new healthier life. This morning as I am waking up out of bed my first thought was not can I sleep longer (that was my 2nd thought...lol) but it was Crud hubby works till 6pm and the Y closes at 7pm there is no way I can get to the Y today. Well I got lucky cause he had over time at work and was home early and I still made it to the Y before it closed :-) This morning after realizing what I had just thought it dawned on me 3 weeks ago I would have cared less if the Y closed at 7 and Matt worked till 6...cause my fat butt was not going to go to the Y :-). I am happy to see that My "want" to work out is there and my "want" to be healthier is there! This marks the longest I have ever tried to "diet". I always gave up when it got hard (typically week 2 and 3). Little did I know I was so close to being able to break through to the feelings I have had in the last couple of days. I love the fact that I want to work out and not only want to work out but I want to push myself a little harder everyday. I love the fact that last weekend I tried a Diet Dr. Pepper for the first time since I started and I could barley drink it! I love the fact that today when I made the girls lunch I had no desire to eat the greasy potato chips that I had a desired for just a week ago! I for once can feel the changes, they may not be physical changes but I am ok with that! I need mental changes before the physical changes can come and be permanent! Everyone kept telling me "Don't think of it as a diet think of it as a life style change". I'm Sorry this really bothered me...And I don't know why it did... :-) The way I see it is, yes this is a life style change but for me I had to think of it as a diet. I could not just go into it thinking of it as a lifestyle change. Whenever I have done that in the past I would get more irritated at the fact I could not have the things I wanted that were in my so called old life style. This time I kept the mine set of it being a diet and me wanting to be healthier, and as time went by my thoughts and opinions are changing making this a life style change. Do I want a piece of cake or pie? Of course I do! But I don't want 1/2 the pie or cake now....I only want a portion. Can I still go out to restaurants and eat? Sure I can! I know I am not the person I was a month ago. I know I am changing and I am so happy about it. For once I can feel I am changing for the better, not only to better myself but to better everyone around me! Thank you to everyone who reads my blogs and supports me! Your words help encourage me more then I think you realize!

After All of this I have been thinking of some of my mini goals. We all now I am getting my ipod when I lose 20lbs but I want to set a few more goals in between. I am thinking of having something at 50lbs, 75lbs 100lbs and then the final 115lbs. My hubby and I were talking and I think I would really like to go on a cruise or back to Hawaii when I lose my 115lbs! How awesome would that be! Going back to Hawaii would be like I have never been there before. When we went this last January I was disappointed in my self. I held my self back from having some fun I know I could have had. There is a lot of walking and when you are big and out of shape that is not fun to do! And everywhere we wanted to go we walked, I got to the point I didn't want to go very many places cause my feet hurt and I was a wuss! Now if we go back and I am 115lbs lighter and in shape I think I would just absolutely love it! And enjoy the beauty of Hawaii for all its worth! But for now I want to try and think of some mini goals, any thoughts or ideas?

Ok so down to the food I had today

Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs w/Cheese and Spinach
Strawberries
Coffee/creamer

Lunch
Ham and turkey lunch meat
Cucumbers
Celery w/peanut butter
Carrots

Snack
SunnyD orange swirl

Dinner
Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada
Green Beans

Snack (I was a little hungry and I was still trying to get my calories a little higher)
Popcorn 94% Fat free

Total calories: 1127

The work out: I went to the Y and face the elliptical again today! I was on it for 20 min this time and went 1.3 miles! When I got off i had so much sweat dripping off my face and I felt great! (not really like I said it is a love/hate thing with the elliptical). I then jumped on they TM for 20 min and walked a slower pace and walked a total of .82 of a mile! (Yes I know its not a lot) all together I did 2.12 Miles and burned 324 calories!

Week 4 is feeling like a GREAT week already! You all have a wonderful night/day and thank you so much for everything that all of you do!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job Jen! You are doing great so far! I am glad to see that your lifestyle has completely changed!

    I wish I had some ideas for your goals! BUT, you just need to be creative and think up some things that you have wanted or wanted to do for a very long time now!

    Best of luck! Here's to a 5 pound week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is....

    I am SOOOOOOO proud of you!!!! Keep up the amazing work! You are an inspiration to me!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete