We will see how this goes! This is my first time actually writing a blog. I have done small ones before on sites like myspace but never full hearty blog. My name is Jen and I am married to the most wonderful husband there is, Matt. Matt and I have been married a little over 5 years now and together we have 2 beautiful little girls, Abby (4) and Emma (3). My family is my everything and I know with out them I would not be who I am today! So with that being said I decided to actually go visit the doctor to check on my health. I want to be healthy for my girls and I want to be able to do more in life then be a lump in my house. I originally scheduled the appointment cause I took a fall down some stairs about 2 months ago, hurt my leg and I have not fully healed. So in order to makes sure all was right there I just made an over all check up appointment. Have I mentioned I HATE visiting doctors...LOL Anyways I walk out of the appointment with a Rx for Phentermine, an appointment to get blood work done as well to x-ray my foot/leg that I hurt when I fell. Nothing like getting hit with 1/2 way bad news...only to sit around and wait till Thursday till I go and get my blood drawn to be tested for several things.
One thing the doctor told me was to try to stick to a 1200 calorie diet. So today was day 1 for taking my new pill and eating 1200 calories. I got up this morning and like all mornings I go straight to the coffee maker to get it started. I looked down to see my pill sitting there (I placed them where I knew I would see them) so I popped my first one. I sat down on the couch to watch a little good morning America to find myself falling back to sleep. Not at all what I expected on this pill. After taking a nice 30min nap in the morning I got up, got my coffee, and turned the computer on. As I am sitting there on the computer it all of a sudden hits me the amount of energy I have. I found myself trying to talk to friends online while trying to do the dishes and clean the living room and while in the bathroom thinking about cleaning it. I could not keep up with my wants to clean the house. To say the least the only thing that got cleaned in the end was the kitchen and the living room. I made breakfast in the midst of all of this as well as lunch for me and the girls. It was shortly after lunch I noticed the famous "cotton mouth" everyone said I would get. I started to try to drink water to help and noticed I was feeling really nauseous and felt like my breakfast and lunch were going to come back up. I then ate some toast to help settle the stomach and it worked! The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.
I hit my goal for the day
Goal 1200 calories
I had 1120
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs
Coffee w/sugar free creamer
Lunch
Smoked turkey sandwich
Snack
Peanut butter toast (no butter)
Dinner
Grilled Cubed steak
Salad w/lite balsamic Vinaigrette
Green beans
I am hoping tomorrow is just as good of day as today was, with less surprises though!
I'm glad that everything went well. If you have msn/yahoo/facebook feel free to add me. [E-mail me for links]
ReplyDeleteMy diet program also started with a 40 week challenge!
ReplyDelete