So I know I said I would be blogging daily again and that this blog would be last night and it wasn't. I had full intentions of doing it, but do to everything i have gone through in the last week and the lack of sleep I had been getting I completely passed out on the couch at a way early time for me. I think I was asleep by 9:30. Which to some of you does not sound early but I normally go to bed between 11pm-12am and The last few weeks it has been between 1am - 3am and some nights even later. I think last night My body wasn't givin me the option of staying up later. The down side is I slept on the couch most the night till about 4am and then moved to the bed, so this morning I am totally exhausted and completely sore! I have been still dealing with all the soreness from my car accident and today it is double of what it had been. Today is also the first day of training for me on my couch to 5k program. I am going to have to push through all my soreness because this is something I desperately want to do! I want to be a runner. I have always been amazed by the people who can say the just took a nice run. I am excited about signing up for The Race for the Cure on 9/25/10. I am even more excited that I will be doing it with my best friend!
Over this last weekend I feel like I have been on a roller coaster. So many highs and lows and loopy loops. I Know everything is all part of the big picture and I am struggling today to see the positive. My last post i stated it was a blessing not having my car cause we then did not need to stress about the tags for it and the insurance. Well I got word my car can be fixed! in reality this is amazing news! Because I hit an SUV and went under it most the damage was done to my hood and finder and not the inside of the vehicle. there are still a few thing on the inside of the car that needs to be fixed but over all i can probably get my car up and running for $500 or less! BUT i don't have $500, if you remember I was just saying we were struggling to get the car tagged. So we have decided to let the car sit and fix it one piece at a time as we have the money to do so.
Yesterday I was a little discouraged cause I wanted to see where I was on my weight since Fridays weigh in. I know i had a horrible weekend. I ate so many foods i should not had and really set my self back. I wanted to weight to see how far i set my self back. i had gained 2lbs in 2 days! Wow! So Today I am re focused and trying to get back on track! Part of getting back on track is I am cutting coffee out of my diet. It actually started with not drinking it today as an agreement I made with Anya. I had mention to her I wanted to do a detox after this horrible weekend but also wanted to make sure I had enough energy to do my C25K training. She mentioned dropping the coffee and doing the lemon water and then eating healthy through the day. I then asked her if she was joining me on the c25k training and she hesitated to say yes. So She agreed to find the 30min in her schedule to do the training and I agreed to cut coffee. I am actually looking forward to how this will make me feel. How it will make my body feel. I know I am going to have with drawls at first but after that. Will I feel healthier? Will i have more energy? I am curious where this will take me.
So I have a very busy day But will be blogging tonight about how my first training went on my C25K plan! Have a wonderful day!
Running is such a high. I don't get to do as much of it outdoors because of all the humidity but I give those treadmills at the gym a good pounding! You can do!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to hear you are going to do the Couch to 5k. I started it a few weeks back and it's been such a fantastic experience. Having a friend to run with makes all the difference. Pop by for a visit and let me know how you're doing. I'll be sure to read up on your progress.
ReplyDeleteRae
xo
Props to you for cutting coffee! Wow. The only reason I've cut it down to a minimum is for my baby :) Don't know if I could do it for any other reason ;) Best of luck!!
ReplyDelete