Hello fellow bloggers! Oh how I miss you all! I have not blogged in over 2 weeks! I have not even signed in to blogger in 2 weeks! So much has happend and life has been a little busy. For tonight I have decided to put everything on hold and write though. I need some me time and some time to put a lot of thoughts in to words. Do you ever have those days? I have had so many the last few weeks but just have not forced my self to take the time to do this. A Lot has to do with I am being accused of spending to much time on the computer so I know sometimes when I blogged I would write for a longer period of time and did not want to add to the problem at hand. Tonight I don't care, I am blogging!
So In one of my last few posts I talked about my puzzle pieces fitting together. And how I like to have a happy soul. Well Hummmm Where do I start! LOL.
You know when you are working on a puzzle and you are struggling to find the next piece? When you think you found that correct piece you get all excited. Then when you go to place that piece down to find out it was the wrong piece you are disappointed. Well that is where I am, I was very excited to see how all my pieces were fitting together but now I am very disapointed to see that none of them fit. This has not made me want to give up though. Honestly it has made me want to look harder for the correct pieces. I love putting effort in to something to find out that it was worth it. I use this in my weight loss also. People can not just sit on a couch and eat potato chips and lose weight. You have to put some effort in to it. Now some people have to put a little more effort into it then others but either way it is still effort.
So As the last few weeks Have gone by I have still been trying to eat healthy and work out. I have lost a total of 32.9lbs and I am very happy about this. This last Friday I only lost another .2lbs but I am still very happy about it and the fact it was a loss and not a gain. This last 10 days Matt has been on "Vacation" and has thrown my whole routine off. It has been nice to spend time with him but I will be happy to get back to my normal routine and hopefully start to feel a little better about myself and my weight loss. However since Matt was off we have had a great chance to work on our basement and starting the process of getting it finished. As with any remodel there is some stress that comes with it and that has happened, but I am thinking we have overcome most of it and are at the point we are moving on.
Another plus of Matt being home is we have tried a few new foods/dinners. I really like making our dinners with fresh foods and the taste is amazing! Here are a few pics of what we have made (btw my date is completely wrong on my camera, and I have tried to fix it but it reverts back).
Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet
Orecchiette w/Spinach, sausage & Tomatoes
Spanish-Style Stuffed mushrooms
Spanish-Style Stuffed peppers
The peppers and mushrooms we made the same night. The recipe called for just stuffed peppers but I am not a bell pepper person at all so I decided to do mushrooms and bell peppers. However that night I ate both and LOVED both of them. This is a first for me. I actually ate something with bell peppers in it that I liked. Not only did it have bell peppers in it but It was the bell pepper. Very yummy and I recommend all the meals. And for the few friends I have that are not meat eaters the stuffed mushrooms and peppers did not have meat and both pastas I think you could make meatless...however the Asian dish would then just be glorified ramen noodles. The seasoning you use with the pork and the pork helps make that dish. We are also going to be making is Dijion-Crusted Halibut and roasted Asparagus. It looks like a very yummy dish also. We did try Mexican chicken lasagna but forgot to take pictures and honestly it was nothing but chicken enchiladas, lol.
Ok everyone, I am off but I will try very hard to blog more. But for tonight I need to try to get some rest as we have been up late almost every night the last few weeks. Looking forward to my normal routine again. Have a great night everyone!

Great to hear from you, Jen. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteI'm always so happy when you're back and posting :) that's all!
ReplyDeletenew follower :)
ReplyDeleteyour doing wonderful!! Very inspiring. And these meals look amazing
Good luck on your journey.
Robin
http://1girlgettinfit.blogspot.com/